The Vice President of the Ghana Football Association (GFA), Mark Addo has reacted to reports of a court injunction on the start of the 2023/24 league season.
According to him, the association is not worrying about any injunction but its lawyers are ready to respond in court.
Speaking to Akoma FM in an interview, he said the GFA remains focused on the official start of the new Ghana Premier League season.
“The plaintiff who filed the injunction is already expelled so I don’t know on what basis or locus the injunction was being filed and on whose behalf. I am not too worried about it and the FA will respond to it in Court accordingly,” Mark Addo said.
The GFA Vice President added, “I am very happy with what we have done so far. The initiative of the President is to make the league bigger and better. We can all see the evidence of these initiatives over the last 4years.
“I am just focused on the path and the level we want to push Ghana football to. For these things (court injunction), everybody has the right to go to court if they feel their rights are been infringed upon but I’m not too worried about it. We remain focused on the bigger picture and Isha Allah it will be well.”
The new Ghana Premier League season kicks off on Friday, September 15, when Hearts of Oak lock horns with Real Tamale United.